Date(s) - 12/13/2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Total Cost for this Workshop:
THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
Individuals and agencies that work with youth often struggle with more complex clients who may be living with mental health and/or substance use concerns. Building on knowledge acquired from workshop “Youth Mental Health and Substance Use”, participants will go further in understanding some of the most common challenges, both in terms of assessment, formulation and caring for youth today. Highlights include specific learning regarding ADHD, Conduct Disorders, current trends in Addiction patterns, and techniques to help guide worker’s care for their clients.
- Recommended participants attend Introduction to Youth Mental Health and Addictions.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
- Increase knowledge regarding patterns of addiction, new drugs being used, and care options for youth.
- Review current diagnostic criteria for mental health issues particular for youth populations such as ADHD and Conduct Disorders.
- Learn techniques for the assessment, formulation and care of youth client’s struggling with mental health and substance use concerns.
|Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM - THTC DOES NOT MAINTAIN A WAITLIST or CANCELLATION LIST. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.