Date(s) - 01/30/2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Total Cost for this Workshop:
THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
Working with clients who struggle with mental health or addiction concerns present interesting challenges. This is further complicated when we add the demographic and developmental challenge of working with youth (16- 24 yrs. as defined for the purposes of this workshop). This workshop will provide an overview of the literature and evidence based practices in working with youth populations who live with mental health or addiction concerns. Participants will also be engaged with practical techniques and approaches in working with this population. This is an experiential workshop and participants are asked to bring cases from their own practice for discussion.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
- Understand how youth who struggle with mental health and addictions are a distinct group whose needs are markedly different than the adult population.
- Learn how developmental biology/psychology play a role in these differences and what specific mental health and addiction struggles are shown to be more prevalent.
- Practice and learn evidence based interventions to assist workers to offering support and care to youth.
|Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
Registrations are closed for this program. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.