Date(s) - 06/18/2019
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
|Total Cost for this Workshop:
THTC Members Pay: $70.00 | Non-Members Pay: $80.00
The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) provides information on the safe use of hazardous products in Canadian workplaces. This updated WHMIS 2015 training program (which also includes the present WHMIS legislation introduced in 1988), aligns Canada’s hazard classification and communication requirements with those used in the United States and other major trading partners, reflecting elements of a United Nations initiative called the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals. Please note, the present WHMIS is now referred to as WHMIS 1988. The updated version is called WHMIS 2015. To allow time for suppliers, employers, and workers to adjust to the new WHMIS 2015 requirements, a multi-year transition plan is in effect from Feb. 2015 to Dec. 2018. However, as products start arriving with the new GHS labels & classifications into the workplace, employers are required to train their workers on WHMIS 2015 requirements.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in a certificate not being issued.
- Participants will receive a certificate valid for five (5) years.
- Describe what the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) is and how it affects WHMIS.
- Identify the key differences between WHMIS 1988 and WHMIS 2015 requirements.
- Describe hazards associated with WHMIS-regulated products.
- Identify WHMIS hazard classes, symbols and pictograms.
- Identify information types covered on supplier and workplace labels.
- Describe the purpose, content and function of a Safety Data Sheet (SDS).
- Describe hazard controls for WHMIS-regulated products.
- Describe legal rights and duties under WHMIS legislation.
|Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM - THTC DOES NOT MAINTAIN A WAITLIST or CANCELLATION LIST. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.