Date(s) - 23/04/2018 - 24/04/2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Total Cost for this Workshop:
THTC Members Pay: $95.00 | Non-Members Pay: $105.00
In this Understanding and Managing Aggressive Behaviour Orientation Program, participants will examine the parameters and theories of contributing factors, verbal/physical presentation to de-escalation, self-awareness, disengaging and self-protection skills. To effectively assess the situation and apply the appropriate strategies (least intrusive and least restrictive) with individuals who experience difficulties and at times express it in an unsafe manner. Successful participants will receive a card of recognition from Understanding and Managing Aggressive Behaviour (UMAB) Canada.
- In order to participate in the session all participants will be asked to sign a waiver.
- You must be prompt and present for the course – participation in the full two days is required. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- Participants will receive a training manual and certificate.
- Please wear comfortable clothing and running shoes.
- Employing situational-appropriate behaviour management.
- Identify and deal effectively and appropriately with clients who are experiencing a “Continuum of Behaviour”.
- Demonstrate further development in their attitudes by being positive and open-minded in their interactions with others.
- Maintaining the highest level of the client’s dignity and safety within the various environments.
|Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training