Date(s) - 02/27/2020
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Total Cost for this Workshop:
THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
Building on the theory and science of trauma from Trauma Informed Care Part 1, this session focuses on behaviour and practice and offers strategies and opportunities to consider how to support and work with those who have experienced trauma and are in the shelter system. This workshop uses a framework for supporting service user social-emotional competency, self-management and the enhancement of resilience skills. Participants will have various opportunities to discuss and practice supportive skills for trauma informed service care in the shelter system.
- Recommended participants attend Trauma Informed Care Part I prior to enrolling in Part II
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
- Identify how we ‘walk the talk’ and implement trauma informed service within the agency setting.
- Examine trauma informed recovery principles that emphasize safety and predictability
- Practice trauma informed principles that increase emotional and physical safety, empowerment and greater resilience.
- Consider the various components of professional self-care.
|Target Group: Anyone who has completed Part I
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM - THTC DOES NOT MAINTAIN A WAITLIST or CANCELLATION LIST. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.