Date(s) - 29/10/2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Total Cost for this Workshop:
THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
The Advanced Trauma Informed Care workshop builds on the knowledge acquired within the introductory session. Participants will already possess knowledge and understanding of how trauma and attachment histories can alter the brain and how it can impact normative child development and adult functioning. In this advanced workshop, participants will examine what steps an agency needs to implement in order to be considered “Trauma Informed”. You will learn how to design interventions that will be more effective with trauma-based behaviour, learn to identify and consider sensorial based reactivity, communication and language styles and body language when determining how to respond to behaviour. We will address the potential impact of personal histories, issues of self-awareness and models for supervising and supporting those who work with traumatized populations.
- Recommended participants attend Trauma Informed Care Part I prior to enrolling in Part II
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
- What does having “Trauma Informed Care and Services” really mean? How does this change what we do and how we do it?
- Approaches to examine agency procedures through a Trauma Informed Lens and crafting helpful individualized responses to traumatized clients.
- Gaining an understanding about how unhealthy agency dynamics undermine safety and predictability; essential elements to be a trauma informed organization
- Sensorial Based Reactivity and hyperarousal, body language and communication – Implications for interventions
- Grounding techniques, self-awareness, supervision and personal histories – what have these got to do with sound care for clients and staff?
|Target Group: Anyone who has completed Part I
Additional Training Method: Agency Training