Instructor : Farah Jindani
The Advanced Trauma Informed Care workshop builds on the knowledge acquired within the introductory session. Participants will already possess knowledge and understanding of how trauma and attachment histories can alter the brain and how it can impact normative child development and adult functioning. In this advanced workshop, participants will examine what steps an agency needs to implement in order to be considered “Trauma Informed”. You will learn how to design interventions that will be more effective with trauma-based behaviour, learn to identify and consider sensorial based reactivity, communication and language styles and body language when determining how to respond to behaviour. We will address the potential impact of personal histories, issues of self-awareness and models for supervising and supporting those who work with traumatized populations.
In order to get the most from this course, THTC recommends that participants attend Trauma Informed Care: Part 1 prior to enrolling in Part 2.
- What does having “Trauma Informed Care and Services” really mean? How does this change what we do and how we do it?
- Approaches to examine agency procedures through a Trauma Informed Lens and crafting helpful individualized responses to traumatized clients.
- Gaining an understanding about how unhealthy agency dynamics undermine safety and predictability; essential elements to be a trauma informed organization
- Sensorial Based Reactivity and hyperarousal, body language and communication – Implications for interventions
- Grounding techniques, self-awareness, supervision and personal histories – what have these got to do with sound care for clients and staff?
Target Group: Participants who have completed Trauma Informed Care: Part 1
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
THTC Member: $100 | Non-Member: $110
- Once you submit your registration request, THTC staff will respond with a payment link (if you are not part of an invoiced agency). Once payment has been received, you will receive a registration confirmation. This process typically takes 1-4 business days.
- Course registration closes 24 business hours prior to the course start time. If the course is not full and you would like to submit a last-minute registration, please email our Training Coordinator: email@example.com.
- If you are part of an invoiced agency, kindly note that only approved staff can submit registration requests. If you are unsure about who is an approved staff member, please speak to your supervisor/manager or contact our Training Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you choose the member price ticket and you or your agency are not a THTC member, you will be charged the non-member rate. To become a THTC member, please follow the link below:
- Online Membership Application – Toronto Hostels Training Centre (thtcentre.com)
- You must receive a THTC membership confirmation email before submitting registration requests with the member price ticket.
- You must be on time for the course. Should you miss more than 30 minutes of the course, THTC will not issue a certificate of completion.
- This training is interactive – all participants are required to participate to the best of their ability.
- Participants will receive instructions on how to join the online Zoom session 1-2 business days before the training date. Please be sure to check your junk/spam folder.
- Participants are required to have their camera on for most of the training session (i.e., at least 70% of the session) in order to receive their course certificate. Should you require accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com plan at least 48 business hours before the training session. We also encourage you to use a tablet or laptop as participating using only a cell phone will significantly reduce your learning experience.
- A certificate of completion will be distributed upon successful course completion.
For more information on THTC policies and procedures, please follow the link below: