As bed bugs continue to plague the City of Toronto; various City divisions were successful in lobbying the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care with City Council to provide permanent ongoing funding to help the City’s most vulnerable tenants deal with their bed bug issues in rental housing situations. The following presentation gives a comprehensive overview of beds. With a better understanding of their behaviour and habits, you can be successful in getting rid of this nuisance pest. This workshop is of value to everyone who has ever had an encounter with bed bugs. Even if you have never had to deal with bed bugs, we are all at risk of crossing paths with this pest and the more information you have the better equipped you will be to deal with it.
Total Cost: * This is a free workshop (no show/chargeback fee of $40 applies).
Where the following is asked “Workshop paid by…” please indicate who is responsible for being charged the no show/chargeback fee.
- Participants will learn about bed bug biology and their behaviours.
- Participants will learn how to identify bed bugs and have a better understanding of the places they hide.
- Participants will have a better understanding of the role of Toronto Public Health and what we do in bed bug situations.
- Participants will also learn strategies on prevention, how to deal with infested furniture and how to protect yourself when travelling.
- Participants will learn why the bed bugs are back and how Integrated Pest Management is the most effective way to deal with bed bugs.
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM - THTC DOES NOT MAINTAIN A WAITLIST or CANCELLATION LIST. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.