Date(s) - 07/16/2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Total Cost for this Workshop:
THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
This workshop will provide practical information about the Adolescent brain development – looking at normative behaviour and recognizing when there are concerns. There will be a focus on understanding the various vulnerabilities specifically looking at the impact of sleep, stress, mental health issues, drugs/ alcohol, and digital age on the developing brain. The workshop will demonstrate ways in which to support adolescents through these turbulent times by recognizing the influence of their bio/social environment, using Mindfulness Practice, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, and through effective communication skills to set limits and ensure safety.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
- Increase participant’s understanding of normative adolescent behavior and when the behaviours are causes for concern.
- Increase participant’s awareness of how to approach adolescents using DBT informed skills, such as mindfulness, validation, emotion regulation, distress tolerance, and setting limits.
- Increase participant’s ability to address adolescent at risk behaviours directly and effectively eliciting the support of family members.
|Target Group: Staff, Agencies working with families, children and youth
Additional Training Method: Agency Training