Date(s) - 28/05/2018
1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
|Total Cost for this Workshop:
THTC Members Pay: $70.00 | Non-Members Pay: $80.00
This workshop will focus on the sections of the Residential Tenancies Act which affect landlord-tenant relations most. The facilitator will also demonstrate legal and self-help remedies that are available to tenants, and considerations landlords must use in their operations. Eviction procedure, eviction reasons, and the Landlord and Tenant Board process will also be discussed. Participants will also gain an understanding of the basic legal rights of residential tenants and how various laws intersect. Using a problem and client-focused approach, the facilitator will deal with legal remedies available at both municipal and provincial levels. An important aspect of this workshop involves a discussion of the options and resources available to tenants and how they can be accessed. Printed material will also be distributed at the workshop.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
- Becoming more familiar with the content of a lease agreement and what is legally required.
- Becoming more familiar with rules about rent, tenant privacy, landlord harassment, maintenance requirements and evictions.
- Developing strategies when dealing with difficult tenant/landlord situations.
- Increasing knowledge of available tenant/landlord resources.
|Target Group: Housing, Outreach and Front-line Shelter Staff
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
Registrations are closed for this program. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.