Date(s) - 01/24/2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Total Cost for this Workshop:
THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
Under the Occupational Health and Safety Act if any employer is convicted of an offense, they could be subject to a fine up to $500,000. Individuals, if convicted of an offense, can be fined up to $25,000 or jailed for up to one year or both. Under Bill C-45 the new amendment to the Criminal Code, in your organization, all persons who direct how work is performed, or have the authority to do so, are all at risk if they breach the new Occupational Health and Safety duty to take “reasonable steps” to prevent bodily harm in the workplace. Avoid becoming the subject of a criminal charge. This course will enable you to effectively understand the supervisor’s responsibilities for health and safety in the workplace, develop a level of “supervisor competency” as defined under the Act, practice due diligence through training and auditing, notification, reporting and record keeping obligations, documentation, monitoring, feedback and acting to correct health and safety problems, as well as developing an understanding of how to manage work refusals and work stoppages.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
Upon completion of the training, participant’s will:
- Know the responsibilities of the workplace parties.
- Identify what is required to enhance their due diligence and the internal responsibility system (IRS).
- Have a broader understanding of the overall legislative framework, including Workplace Violence requirements.
- Understand a Supervisors’ obligations as a competent person under the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario (OHSA) and associated Regulations.
|Target Group: Executive Directors, Managers, Supervisors and Board Members
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
Registrations are closed for this program. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.