Date(s) - 06/06/2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Total Cost for this Workshop:
THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
Building on the workshop Introduction to Substance Use, this advanced course examines in more detail treatments and approaches for clients who struggle with substance abuse and process addictions such as gambling, compulsive shopping and hyper sexuality. This course requires participants to have a basic understanding of addiction fundamentals such as withdrawal, tolerance and dependence, and some level of understanding concerning concurrent disorders.
- Recommended participants attend Introduction to Substance Use.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
- To develop an understanding of primary evidence based treatments: cognitive behavioural therapy and contingency management within group work settings.
- To practice motivational interviewing techniques within this model.
- Through case analysis review most complex and challenging clients to develop treatment plan strategies.
|Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training