Stress, Compassion Fatigue and Burnout: An Integrative Approach to Self-Care for Helping Professionals
Self-Care is essential for enhancing optimal Healthcare, Wellbeing and for Safe Effective Use of Self (SEUS). It is part of self-regulation of the biopsychosocial-spiritual process through which we create and maintain inner and outer balance and wellbeing. Without awareness of stress physiology, stress regulation, self-care tools and self-care treatment plan, we run the risk of not recognizing the signs and symptoms and not responding effectively to prevent illness from extreme stress, compassion fatigue and worker burnout. It is important to learn to apply simple self-care tools to effectively manage stresses to balance and take care of yourself first. We are very good at helping others, but we often neglect or disregard the importance of Personal Self-Care. It is not a luxury, it is Safe Effective Use of Self (SEUS) is it a necessity for our optimal health, longevity and to effectively serve our profession and clients.
Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
Total Cost: THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
After the workshop participants will:
- Identify Stress – different types of stress physiology
- Understand how stress affects us – biopsychosocial-spiritual model (body, mind and spirit)
- Recognize Compassion Fatigue, Secondary Trauma/Vicarious Trauma and Burnout
- Understand how to provide Self-Care Tools for Integration, Restoration and Growth
- Introduce Body-Mindfulness Awareness – a guided experiential practice
- Create a Self-Care Treatment Plan and discuss Tools for Treatment and Growth
- Integrative MAGIC Journaling Process
- Interactive Discussion and Self-Care summary
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM - THTC DOES NOT MAINTAIN A WAITLIST or CANCELLATION LIST. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.