Instructor: ADET Inc.
The Aquatic Development & Emergency Training (ADET Inc.) delivers the two-day Standard First Aid & CPR Program. This in-depth program is a full working session, directly applicable to the work environment and deals with potentially life-threatening situations as well as Secondary Victim Assessments. The Standard First Aid program, advanced in its’ elective topics, allows ADET Inc. the ability to customize the program to fulfill the needs of the group, workplace, job related experience or personal interest. The Bloodborne Pathogen program and the Heartsaver (adult & child) CPR course is included in the Standard First Aid Program. ** Standards taught reflect the New CPR Guidelines and Standards released in November 2010 and approved by the HSFC and the AHA and meet WSIB requirements. Topics include: unconsciousness, adult & child CPR, choking, bleeding, shock and severe life-threatening allergies, epilepsy, diabetes, head trauma and burns. These sessions are practically oriented, encouraging contributions from participants. Group interaction, practice and discussion are maximized.
Participants will gain an understanding of the following:
- Primary and Secondary Surveys.
- Heat induced emergencies (heat cramps, heat exhaustion & stroke).
- Multiple Injury Management.
- Infant/Child Resuscitation (CPR).
- Defibrillator (AED) use.
THTC requires participants to sign a waiver for any training that involves physical engagement and/or activity. The waiver releases THTC of liability, assumption of risk and indemnity. It is the responsibility of the participant to behave in a professional manner and relay any physical concerns to the facilitator at the onset of the workshop. If the waiver has not been signed, we are unfortunately unable to accept participants into this training.
Participants must attend the full two (2) days of training. Please wear comfortable clothing and running shoes.
Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
THTC Member: $200.00 | Non-Member: $210.00
- Once you submit your registration request, THTC staff will respond with a payment link (if you are not part of an invoiced agency). Once payment has been received, you will receive a registration confirmation. This process typically takes 1-4 business days.
- Course registration closes 24 business hours prior to the course start time. If the course is not full and you would like to submit a last-minute registration, please email our Training Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are part of an invoiced agency, kindly note that only approved staff can submit registration requests. If you are unsure about who is an approved staff member, please speak to your supervisor/manager or contact our Training Coordinator: email@example.com.
- If you choose the member price ticket and you or your agency are not a THTC member, you will be charged the non-member rate. To become a THTC member, please follow the link below:
- Online Membership Application – Toronto Hostels Training Centre (thtcentre.com)
- You must receive a THTC membership confirmation email before submitting registration requests with the member price ticket.
- You must be on time for the course. Should you miss more than 30 minutes of the course, THTC will not issue a certificate of completion.
- This training is interactive – all participants are required to participate to the best of their ability.
- Participants will receive instructions on how to join the online Zoom session 1-2 business days before the training date. Please be sure to check your junk/spam folder.
- Participants are required to have their camera on for most of the training session (i.e., at least 70% of the session) in order to receive their course certificate. Should you require accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org plan at least 48 business hours before the training session. We also encourage you to use a tablet or laptop as participating using only a cell phone will significantly reduce your learning experience.
- A certificate of completion will be distributed upon successful course completion.
For more information on THTC policies and procedures, please follow the link below: