|Total Cost for this Workshop:
THTC Members Pay: $200.00 | Non-Members Pay: $210.00
The Aquatic Development & Emergency Training (ADET Inc.) delivers the two-day Standard First Aid & CPR Program. This in-depth program is a full working session, directly applicable to the work environment and deals with potentially life-threatening situations as well as Secondary Victim Assessments. The Standard First Aid program, advanced in its’ elective topics, allows ADET Inc. the ability to customize the program to fulfill the needs of the group, workplace, job related experience or personal interest. The Bloodborne Pathogen program and the Heartsaver (adult & child) CPR course is included in the Standard First Aid Program. ** Standards taught reflect the New CPR Guidelines and Standards released in November 2010 and approved by the HSFC and the AHA and meet WSIB requirements. Topics include: unconsciousness, adult & child CPR, choking, bleeding, shock and severe life-threatening allergies, epilepsy, diabetes, head trauma and burns. These sessions are practically oriented, encouraging contributions from participants. Group interaction, practice and discussion are maximized.
- In order to participate in the session all participants will be asked to sign a waiver.
THTC requires participants to sign a waiver for any training that involves physical engagement and/or activity. The waiver releases THTC of liability, assumption of risk and indemnity. It is the responsibility of the participant to behave in a professional manner and relay any physical concerns to the facilitator at the onset of the workshop. If the waiver has not been signed, we are unfortunately unable to accept participants into this training.
- This training will be held in-person at the Toronto Hostels Training Centre, located at 65 Wellesley St. East, suite 501.
- All participants are requested to wear a mask for the duration of the training. Exceptions include: when eating, drinking, taking medication and if you have a medical concern that prevents you from doing so.
- In effort to protect and preserve the health of the instructor and fellow participants, it is encouraged that a Rapid Antigen Test be self-administered prior to arrival and to refrain from attending the training if you are feeling unwell.
- You must be prompt and present for the course – participation in the full two days is required. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- Participants will receive a training manual and certificate.
- Please wear comfortable clothing and running shoes.
Participants will gain an understanding of the following:
- Primary and Secondary Surveys.
- Heat induced emergencies (heat cramps, heat exhaustion & stroke).
- Multiple Injury Management.
- Infant/Child Resuscitation (CPR).
- Defibrillator (AED) use.
|Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM - THTC DOES NOT MAINTAIN A WAITLIST or CANCELLATION LIST. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.