Date(s) - 03/16/2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Total Cost for this Workshop:
THTC Members Pay: $55.00 | Non-Members Pay: $65.00
The objective of this one-day workshop is to provide a clear framework of industry standards. We will examine why it is important to formalize Shelter Standards and provide consistency across the system. You will learn the expectation of management, board members, front-line and all staff. Topics covered will include: standards of conduct and conflict of interest and the basic philosophy behind each; organization standards and accountability; standards of operation; health and safety issues; as well as food and nutrition standards. Each participant will receive a copy of the Toronto Shelter Standards. Registration priority will be given to staff employed by a shelter funded by the City of Toronto.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
- To provide an understanding of the structure of the shelter system in Toronto.
- To increase participant’s knowledge of the standards shelters are expected to follow.
- To identify and discuss barriers to following the standards and how to overcome them.
|Target Group: Shelter Staff, Executive Directors, Managers, Supervisors and Board Members
Additional Training Method: eLearning