Date(s) - 10/18/2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Total Cost for this Workshop:
THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
Self-care and building resiliency are vital in the social service sector, along with other caring professions. Resiliency is also helpful in all aspects of our lives. In this interactive workshop, participants will build resiliency by exploring strategies for self-care. Root causes of stresses and challenges will be explored, yet from a strengths-based lens, focusing on proactive strategies. The course is designed around tools from Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) and is based upon trauma-informed, anti-oppressive, and adult learning principles. DBT elements include mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotion regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness skills. Participants will also be encouraged to engage in critical self-reflection about ways in which they can foster resiliency for themselves, their peers, their organizations, their profession, and their clients.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
- Create a plan for self-care and resiliency
- Assess the level of stress or burnout in themselves and others
- Build a toolbox of self-care techniques for a range of scenarios and accounting for limited time and resources
- Share their own successful resiliency strategies with each other
|Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM - THTC DOES NOT MAINTAIN A WAITLIST. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.