Date(s) - 04/05/2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Total Cost for this Workshop:
THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
The purpose of this one-day course is to take a process-oriented approach to the employment relationship in a unionized setting. The goal is to assist all levels of management to understand how to be successful in a unionized setting in terms of hiring and supervising the work force and limiting liabilities inherent in the arbitration of workplace disputes. In this regard, the topics that will be reviewed will include: negotiating a collective agreement that allows you to manage with minimal interference from the union; the hiring process — what type of candidate are we looking for and what type of evaluation process do we employ at the outset; and the probationary period — a time for weeding out hiring mistakes! The annual evaluation process — do we do it, and if so, what do we get out of it; progressive discipline and termination; policies and procedures; and management rights — do they exist?
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
- To provide a better understanding of the employment relationship in a unionized environment, taking the mystery out!
- To create a better understanding of the collective bargaining process, – how not to give away the ship!
- To minimize the costs associated with labour relations problems.
|Target Group: Executive Directors, Managers, Supervisors and Board Members
Additional Training Method: Agency Training