Thank you for your interest in the THTC’s CPI training. This session is now full. The next Live CPI training will be taking place on October 5th.
Instructor: Laura Sanford
Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training focuses on de-escalation, intervention and prevention techniques to address escalating situations in social service settings. You will learn strategies to recognize and respond at the earliest points possible in a crisis situation, and to use a variety of verbal and nonverbal techniques to keep yourself, participants and the escalated individual safe. Setting limits, professional and ethical decision-making, using an effective team approach to intervene, and re-establishing communication with individuals who have escalated, are primary parts of the learning.
This Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training will be provided in a Blended Learning format consisting of:
Self-paced ‘Flex’ learning: once registered, you will need approximately 4.5-6 hours to complete the online Flex training ahead of the LIVE Day 2. This portion of the training consists of watching video modules (with audio and Closed Caption) and completing the fillable PDF Learner’s Guide available once you have started the Flex training. You can complete the Flex modules at your own pace and pause, go back through the material, etc as needed. There is a brief multiple choice quiz at the end of the self-paced learning that must be successfully completed at least 24 hours prior to your Live Online One-Day Scheduled training otherwise you will be unable to attend your Live Online scheduled session.
Live Day 2 Training: the live portion of this on-line training will enable you to work with a Certified Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Instructor, to further understand and apply concepts introduced in the Flex modules. Focus will be on least restrictive, hands-off interventions, and scenarios to apply and practice key concepts. New evidence-based concepts will additionally be introduced.
Certificate of Completion: This training will provide Verbal Intervention Certificates of Completion and will focus on verbal and non-touch strategies to address physical risk behaviors. Participants will have an opportunity to practice the CPI Disengagement Skills (formerly ‘Personal Safety Techniques).
- Identify the behavior levels that contribute to the development of a crisis and choose an appropriate staff intervention for each level.
- Identify verbal and non-verbal techniques which can help to avoid or respond to escalating situations.
- Identify and apply hands-off interventions to respond to physical risk behaviors.
- Provide for the Care, Welfare, Safety, and Security of everyone involved in a crisis.
- Apply the material covered in training to real-life situations.
- Provide means to re-establish communication with an escalated individual, strengthen team responses after a crisis, and lessen the likelihood of future crises.
Some important information about this training:
1) This training is available to THTC’s members only. To register for this training, Individuals and Agencies must first apply to become a THTC member.
To become a member please follow this link to our webpage: web-page.
2) To participate in this training, all participants must successfully complete the self-paced, online portion, PRIOR to their scheduled live-online training date. Failure to do this will result in not being admitted to the live-online portion and your registration will be lost.
Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
Total Cost: THTC Members Pay: $200.00