Instructor: Michelle Lewis
Building on the foundational skills learnt in An Introduction to Substance Use, this course examines in more detail treatments and approaches for clients who struggle with substance abuse and process addictions such as gambling, compulsive shopping and hyper sexuality. Participants will discuss case examples and practice developing comprehensive support plans, involving community resources and referrals. This course requires participants to have a basic understanding of addiction fundamentals such as withdrawal, tolerance and dependence, and some level of understanding concerning concurrent disorders.
This training offers a great introduction to concepts like Harm reduction and serves as an excellent primer for other THTC advanced trainings like, Beyond Harm Reduction
- Participants will develop an understanding of primary evidence-based treatment plans and strategies for individuals struggling with addiction challenges.
- Participants will have an opportunity to practice motivational interviewing techniques .
- Through case analysis review most complex and challenging clients to develop treatment plan strategies.
- Participants will develop a greater understanding of community resources available for individuals living with addiction challenges
- Participants will have an opportunity to discuss unique complex cases and share ideas on approaches and resources.
Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
Total Cost: THTC Members Pay: $100.00 | Non-Members Pay: $110.00