Instructor: Adeel Ahmad
The objective of this one-day workshop is to provide participants with an overview of Ontario Works and the Ontario Disability Support Program – the two main income security programs for low income individuals. We will review who is eligible, how to apply, what ongoing requirements exists, as well as examine what mandatory and discretionary benefits can be accessed when special needs arise. The workshop will also examine the significant changes made to the two programs in the last period, the role of the provincial Poverty Reduction Strategy, as well as the proposed transformations actively under consideration.
- To provide an orientation & understanding of the two provincial social assistance programs (Ontario Works & the Ontario Disability Support Program) to participants.
- To enable those already providing support to clients to better navigate the two systems & to more effectively intervene on their clients’ behalf.
- To familiarize participants with the existence of other social assistance-related benefits and programs available to their clients.
- To problem-solve on issues regularly experienced by participants in their daily delivery of service.
Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
THTC Member: $100 | Non-Member: $110
- Once you submit your registration request, THTC staff will respond with a payment link (if you are not part of an invoiced agency). Once payment has been received, you will receive a registration confirmation. This process typically takes 1-4 business days.
- Course registration closes 24 business hours prior to the course start time. If the course is not full and you would like to submit a last-minute registration, please email our Training Coordinator: email@example.com.
- If you are part of an invoiced agency, kindly note that only approved staff can submit registration requests. If you are unsure about who is an approved staff member, please speak to your supervisor/manager or contact our Training Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you choose the member price ticket and you or your agency are not a THTC member, you will be charged the non-member rate. To become a THTC member, please follow the link below:
- Online Membership Application – Toronto Hostels Training Centre (thtcentre.com)
- You must receive a THTC membership confirmation email before submitting registration requests with the member price ticket.
- You must be on time for the course. Should you miss more than 30 minutes of the course, THTC will not issue a certificate of completion.
- This training is interactive – all participants are required to participate to the best of their ability.
- Participants will receive instructions on how to join the online Zoom session 1-2 business days before the training date. Please be sure to check your junk/spam folder.
- Participants are required to have their camera on for most of the training session (i.e., at least 70% of the session) in order to receive their course certificate. Should you require accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com plan at least 48 business hours before the training session. We also encourage you to use a tablet or laptop as participating using only a cell phone will significantly reduce your learning experience.
- A certificate of completion will be distributed upon successful course completion.
For more information on THTC policies and procedures, please follow the link below: