Date(s) - 01/30/2020
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Total Cost for this Workshop:
THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
Do you feel restricted in helping clients and shelter residents with questionable motivation? Are the concepts of motivation, resistance, ambivalence and compliance confusing? This course examines motivation as an interactive process between client/resident and counsellor, providing a variety of practice tools to address key issues in counselling and support situations. Special emphasis is placed on working with people who are more “resistant.” This approach has been successfully applied in the area of addictions. Workshop content includes: principles of motivational interviewing; building motivation for change; dealing with resistance; and understanding strategic tools that can be used in brief interventions.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- List the key principles and strategies of MI.
- Practice and apply the four essential opening strategies with clients.
- Identify approaches to clients who are resistant to change.
|Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM - THTC DOES NOT MAINTAIN A WAITLIST or CANCELLATION LIST. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.