Date(s) - 04/12/2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Total Cost for this Workshop:
THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
This workshop is designed as an introduction to the evidence based techniques in Mindfulness as a counselling approach. Mindfulness is a state of active attention to the present. When you’re mindful, you observe your thoughts and feelings from a distance, without judging them as good or bad. Instead of letting your life pass you by, mindfulness means living in the moment. Participants will learn skills and approaches such as grounding, distraction, creating a holding environment, etc., that will provide tools for helpers to assist clients. Mindfulness has been shown to assist client’s struggling with depression, anxiety, stress, anger management as well as those recovering from physical illness.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
- Learn the foundational knowledge that contributes to Mindfulness based approaches.
- Develop a set of Mindfulness techniques and skills to use in their organizational setting.
- Practice through role play, Mindfulness Based Approaches learned during the workshop.
|Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM - THTC DOES NOT MAINTAIN A WAITLIST or CANCELLATION LIST. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.