Date(s) - 06/25/2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Total Cost for this Workshop:
THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
Community workers frequently find themselves working with individuals who suffer from mental illness. This full-day interactive workshop will build on knowledge acquired from the Mental Health Part I workshop. Demonstrations, group exercises, and a “standardized” patient approach will be used to review major mental illnesses and to practice effective intervention strategies. Stress management techniques and the importance of self-care for community workers will also be addressed.
- Recommended participants attend Mental Health Part I or have some familiarity with Mental Illness.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
- Increase yourself awareness regarding mental health recovery and emotional distress.
- Introduce some practical strategies and intervention skills.
- Increase your personal confidence and professional competency when working with individuals living with emotional distress and mental illness.
- Challenge participants to embark upon self-mastery pathway towards maximizing their professional competency, resiliency and wellbeing via their work in the community.
|Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
Registrations are closed for this program. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.