Date(s) - 06/26/2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Total Cost for this Workshop:
THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
This 6-hour workshop opens the conversation about working in a healthy work environment, and how it affects our mental well-being. This workshop presents an in-depth understanding of mental illness and mental health; offering statistics, stereotypes, basic facts, and resources available in the community. In addition, stress management tools, and general coping skills will be shared, in hopes to improve work/life balance along with self-care ideas and opportunities. This workshop is highly interactive, with activities and discussion throughout.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Have a better understanding of mental health and mental illness.
- Be more able to recognize signs and symptoms of common mental illnesses.
- Feel more comfortable having conversations related to mental health.
- Be knowledgeable about resources in their community.
- Know what other trainings are available.
- Understand the process of forming and managing crisis.
- Apply mentally healthy and supportive workplace strategies based on the National Standard of Canada for Psychological Health and Safety.
- Have a better understanding of confidentiality and accommodations.
|Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
Registrations are closed for this program. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.