Date(s) - 07/24/2019 - 07/25/2019
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
|Total Cost for this Workshop:
THTC Members Pay: $150.00 | Non-Members Pay: $160.00
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is the help provided to a person developing a mental health problem, experiencing the worsening of an existing mental health problem or in a mental health crisis. Just like physical first aid is provided until medical treatment can be obtained, MHFA is given until appropriate support is found or until the crisis is resolved.
MHFA is intended for adults interacting with adults (18 years and older). This course focuses on the four most common mental health disorders including substance related, mood related, anxiety and trauma related, as well as psychotic disorders. Participants who take this course will be well prepared to interact confidently about mental health with their family, friends, communities and workplaces. One person in five will experience a mental health problem this year. The most difficult part of intervening is knowing what to say. Evidence shows that taking a MHFA course increases the confidence participants have in engaging someone experiencing a mental health problem or crisis.
- Participants will receive a comprehensive manual that serves as a workbook, toolkit and future resource.
- You must be prompt and present for the course – participation in the full two days is required. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- Upon successful completion of the two-day training, participants will receive a certificate from the Mental Health Commission of Canada after an on-line survey is completed.
Mental Health First Aid:
- Engages confidently where a person may be a danger to themselves or others
- Provides help to prevent the mental health problem from developing into a more serious state
- Promotes the recovery of good mental health
- Provides comfort to a person experiencing a mental health problem
|Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM - THTC DOES NOT MAINTAIN A WAITLIST or CANCELLATION LIST. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.