Date(s) - 06/19/2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Total Cost for this Workshop:
THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
This interactive, experiential workshop will provide opportunities for managers and leaders to enhance their diversity awareness, build cultural competence and organizational leadership. The session will provide tools to assist in building an inclusive sensitive, representative work environment and in offering excellent services to an increasingly diverse clientele. Participants will engage in activities focusing on critical self-reflection, dynamics of power, working with differences, delivering services in a culturally competent manner, how to ensure policies and organizational culture appropriately reflect diversity and key elements in diversity planning. There will also be opportunities to explore the socio-cultural realities of diverse communities in Toronto.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
- Provide opportunities to explore issues of identity and social location in respect to diversity, equity and cultural competence.
- Enhance your knowledge of the concepts of diversity, equity and cultural competence.
- Increase your leadership skill level in effectively planning and working with diverse populations in your agency.
- Provide you with relevant resources and tools to enhance your work as manager and leaders in the area.
|Target Group: Executive Directors, Managers, Supervisors and Board Members
Additional Training Method: Agency Training