Instructors: Nicki Casseres & Alison Pais (Gerstein Centre)
This is a live online, interactive suicide intervention workshop that is designed to respond to the foundational learning needs of service providers.
This workshop is comprised of four learning modules that are delivered over a two-day period.
- Dispel some of the myths around suicide.
- Explore participants’ personal beliefs regarding suicide.
- Enhance participants’ knowledge, self-awareness and skills to recognize when an individual may be having thoughts of suicide.
- Enhance participants’ understanding and knowledge of practical suicide prevention techniques.
- Enable participants to confidently make appropriate and timely interventions if they think someone is having thoughts of suicide.
In order to achieve a certificate of completion for this training, participants must have their cameras on and display meaningful engagement in the course material. A stable internet connection is required for this training. If the above technology is not available to you, participants are encouraged to consider attending the ASIST training, offered live at THTC.
Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
Total Cost: THTC Members Pay: $200.00 | Non-Members Pay: $210.00