Facilitaor: FCJ Refugee Centre
This session combines two workshops offered through FCJ Refugee Centre. During the Immigration section, the facilitator will provide an overview of the refugee process during the pandemic. The session includes a review of the measures and new programs implemented during 2021, immigration trends for 2022 and its impact on the lives of migrants and refugees.
The next section will provide a general overview of human trafficking issues in Canada while focusing on victim/survivor support and resources through a lens of coordinated community response. The presentation will highlight the situation of labour trafficking in Canada.
Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
Total Cost: THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
- Summary of Immigration Policy Changes implemented.
- The refugee system overview and timelines
- Immigration trends, what to expect for 2022
- Human Trafficking: awareness labour trafficking
- Root causes and awareness of trafficking: trafficking in Canada.
- Understanding and identifying a trafficked person.
- Services and settlement process for a trafficked person.
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM - THTC DOES NOT MAINTAIN A WAITLIST or CANCELLATION LIST. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.