Date(s) - 03/31/2021
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Full Session - Registration Closed
- Live Online - CYITCC
- Live Online - DISC
- Live Online - HTCC
- Live Online - HTCCSM
- Live Online - OHPCP
This workshop is designed to introduce participants to the basic principles of Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression. Participants will have an opportunity to consider how oppression occurs and is maintained in society and within the organization. Participants will be challenged to consider the ways they can act, individually and collectively to address oppression, and become allies and advocates for people who are marginalized.
Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
Total Cost: THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
- The participant will begin to develop skills for analyzing racism, and other forms of oppression.
- The participant will begin to understand the dynamics of privilege, power, oppression, and social location.
- The participant will begin to understand how his/her own social identities impact their interactions with clients and colleagues.
- The participant will understand that being a change agent and an ally is integral to the role of the Shelter system and social service worker.
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM - THTC DOES NOT MAINTAIN A WAITLIST or CANCELLATION LIST. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.