Successful Managing in a Unionized Environment
Instructor: Robert Budd
Working within unionized settings can be a source of mutual strength when each party knows what the expectations are and has the tools to work within the clear boundaries that have been established. For some unionized not-for-profits, this is a reality that feels unattainable due to various barriers beyond management’s control and oftentimes the natural challenges prevalent in the work we do. This training teaches the foundational pillars of managing within unionized settings, to help work with unionized staff more effectively and efficiently, beginning from the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Learning Objectives – Participants completing this training will have a clearer understanding of:
- The differences between an employment relationship in a Union vis a Non-union environment
- The hiring process within a unionized setting and setting clear, transparent processes
- Limitations to processes & how the Human Rights Code impacts transparency
- How to use the Probationary Period effectively
- How to apply and utilize annual evaluation processes and how to address chronic challenges
- How to apply progressive discipline process
- When is an employee discharge process necessary and how to
- Negotiating the Collective Agreement
Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
Total Cost: THTC Members Pay: $100.00 | Non-Members Pay: $110.00
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM - THTC DOES NOT MAINTAIN A WAITLIST or CANCELLATION LIST. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.