Date(s) - 06/14/2021
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Full Session - Registration Closed
- Live Online - CYITCC
- Live Online - DISC
- Live Online - HTCC
- Live Online - HTCCSM
- Live Online - OHPCP
In this Understanding and Managing Aggressive Behaviour Orientation Program, participants will examine the parameters and theories of contributing factors, verbal/physical presentation to de-escalation, self-awareness, disengaging and self-protection skills. To effectively assess the situation and apply the appropriate strategies (least intrusive and least restrictive) with individuals who experience difficulties and at times express it in an unsafe manner. Successful participants will receive a card of recognition from Understanding and Managing Aggressive Behaviour (UMAB) Canada.
Please note, due to physical distancing requirements, only the verbal de-escalation portion of this training will be delivered.
Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
Total Cost: THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
- Employing situational-appropriate behaviour management.
- Identify and deal effectively and appropriately with clients who are experiencing a “Continuum of Behaviour”.
- Demonstrate further development in their attitudes by being positive and open-minded in their interactions with others.
- Maintaining the highest level of the client’s dignity and safety within the various environments.
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM - THTC DOES NOT MAINTAIN A WAITLIST or CANCELLATION LIST. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.