Date(s) - 06/29/2021
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Full Session - Registration Closed
- Live Online - CYITCC
- Live Online - HTCC
- Live Online - HTCCSM
- Live Online - OHPCP
Issues of mental health and trauma are increasingly prevalent in society and impact our relationships with service users and colleagues in the shelter system. A trauma informed lens is essential to providing effective customer support and sustainable service. Participants will develop an understanding of trauma and its impacts and have opportunities to consider what trauma-informed service looks like in the shelter system.
Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
Total Cost: THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
Participants will have a working understanding of:
- Discuss the prevalence and impact of trauma on individuals and communities.
- Define psychological trauma, single/complex traumas, triggers and attachment theory.
- Describe the impact of trauma on brain development.
- Identify the correlation between mental health and trauma and the social determinants of health.
- Describe approaches for creating trauma informed service relationships in the shelter system.
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM - THTC DOES NOT MAINTAIN A WAITLIST or CANCELLATION LIST. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.