Instructor: Adeel Ahmad
This one-day course will review some of the fundamental knowledge and techniques new supervisors need in order to be effective in their role. This course is designed for those who have recently entered the supervisory role in a predominantly Social/Human Services role and are looking for tools and techniques they can use when they encounter common supervisory scenarios including:
- Review of essential themes in Human Services
- Can a supervisor be friends with their direct reports?
- What type of boundaries should a supervisor have?
- Delivering positive and negative feedback
- Disagreeing with your manager
- Dealing with complaints
- Leadership style – Ask don’t tell
- 1-1 meetings with your direct report
- Team meetings
- Progressive discipline
- To review some standard situations supervisors will encounter in their role and discuss potential solutions to each of these situations
- To explore various supervisory responses to situations and determine the pros and cons of each
- To discuss common challenges encountered in the supervisory role and share personal successes and failures employing various responses
- To brainstorm in small groups potential supervisory responses to crisis situations that could occur in human services settings
- Increased psychological safety among teams
- Increase in positive work culture
- Cohesion between between management and program staff
- Improved work outputs amongst staff
- Improved service delivery
Target Group: Executive Directors, Managers & Supervision
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
THTC Member: $100 | Non-Member: $110
- Once you submit your registration request, THTC staff will respond with a payment link (if you are not part of an invoiced agency). Once payment has been received, you will receive a registration confirmation. This process typically takes 1-4 business days.
- Course registration closes 24 business hours prior to the course start time. If the course is not full and you would like to submit a last-minute registration, please email our Training Coordinator: email@example.com.
- If you are part of an invoiced agency, kindly note that only approved staff can submit registration requests. If you are unsure about who is an approved staff member, please speak to your supervisor/manager or contact our Training Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you choose the member price ticket and you or your agency are not a THTC member, you will be charged the non-member rate. To become a THTC member, please follow the link below:
- Online Membership Application – Toronto Hostels Training Centre (thtcentre.com)
- You must receive a THTC membership confirmation email before submitting registration requests with the member price ticket.
- You must be on time for the course. Should you miss more than 30 minutes of the course, THTC will not issue a certificate of completion.
- This training is interactive – all participants are required to participate to the best of their ability.
- Participants will receive instructions on how to join the online Zoom session 1-2 business days before the training date. Please be sure to check your junk/spam folder.
- Participants are required to have their camera on for most of the training session (i.e., at least 70% of the session) in order to receive their course certificate. Should you require accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com plan at least 48 business hours before the training session. We also encourage you to use a tablet or laptop as participating using only a cell phone will significantly reduce your learning experience.
- A certificate of completion will be distributed upon successful course completion.
For more information on THTC policies and procedures, please follow the link below:
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM - THTC DOES NOT MAINTAIN A WAITLIST or CANCELLATION LIST. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.