Date(s) - 10/01/2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Total Cost for this Workshop:
THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
This workshop is designed for those who have become supervisors in the last couple of years or who are interested in considering becoming supervisors. The material will cover the basic skills that are essential to becoming an effective supervisor. The day will be minimally interactive in nature; however, all participants will be required to sign a confidentiality contract so that participants can feel free to share their own experiences as it relates to the material that will be taught. As the schedule will be full, participants are required to be present for the entire workshop. A bibliography of helpful resource material will be made available to all participants. In this workshop we will address: theory of supervision; ethics of being a supervisor; roles and responsibilities; a model of supervision – Interactional Supervision (Shulman); dynamics of power — issues of being hired from within or from outside; leadership skills; how to begin a supervisory position; and issues of discipline.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of being a supervisor and basic leadership skills.
- Be able to address the different issues presented when being hired from within or from outside the agency.
- Understand issues of power and authority, management versus managerialism and basics of disciplinary action.
- Learn beginning contracting skills.
|Target Group: Executive Directors, Managers and Supervisors
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
Registrations are closed for this program. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.