Instructor: Michelle Lewis
This training is directed towards individuals who want to gain knowledge on how to assist service users who may be facing complex challenges and/or assisting to navigating complex service systems. This training will offer participants with best practice tools and strategies to aid in supporting service users from a anti-oppressive, solution focused and ethical approach. The techniques discussed in this training can be applied to a wide variety of populations. Participants are encouraged to bring their own professional expertise and case questions to the training day. Teaching is interactive, and all attendees will be required to participate. Learning Objectives: understanding what exactly case management is in the context of social services; the case management meeting: strategies and concerns; information sharing – what to edit? Documentation: goal setting and role of case management and advocacy – how to target.
- The learner will develop an understanding what exactly is “case management” in the context of social services.
- A review of case management administration and system structure will be presented.
- Participants will develop new knowledge concerning documentation, goal setting, assessment and advocacy within a motivational framework for complex clients within the case management system.
Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
Course Cost: THTC Member: $100 | Non-Member: $110
- Once you submit your registration request, THTC staff will respond with a payment link (if you are not part of an invoiced agency). Once payment has been received, you will receive a registration confirmation. This process typically takes 1-4 business days.
- Course registration closes 24 business hours prior to the course start time. If the course is not full and you would like to submit a last-minute registration, please email our Training Coordinator: email@example.com.
- If you are part of an invoiced agency, kindly note that only approved staff can submit registration requests. If you are unsure about who is an approved staff member, please speak to your supervisor/manager or contact our Training Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you choose the member price ticket and you or your agency are not a THTC member, you will be charged the non-member rate. To become a THTC member, please follow the link below:
- Online Membership Application – Toronto Hostels Training Centre (thtcentre.com)
- You must receive a THTC membership confirmation email before submitting registration requests with the member price ticket.
- You must be on time for the course. Should you miss more than 30 minutes of the course, THTC will not issue a certificate of completion.
- This training is interactive – all participants are required to participate to the best of their ability.
- Participants will receive instructions on how to join the online Zoom session 1-2 business days before the training date. Please be sure to check your junk/spam folder.
- Participants are required to have their camera on for most of the training session (i.e., at least 70% of the session) in order to receive their course certificate. Should you require accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com plan at least 48 business hours before the training session. We also encourage you to use a tablet or laptop as participating using only a cell phone will significantly reduce your learning experience.
- A certificate of completion will be distributed upon successful course completion.
For more information on THTC policies and procedures, please follow the link below: