Date(s) - 02/14/2020
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The objective of this one-day workshop is to provide participants with an overview of Ontario Works and the Ontario Disability Support Program – the two main income security programs for low income individuals. We will review who is eligible, how to apply, what ongoing requirements exists, as well as examine what mandatory and discretionary benefits can be accessed when special needs arise. The workshop will also examine the significant changes made to the two programs in the last period, the role of the provincial Poverty Reduction Strategy, as well as the proposed transformations actively under consideration.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
- To provide an orientation & understanding of the two provincial social assistance programs (Ontario Works & the Ontario Disability Support Program) to participants.
- To enable those already providing support to clients to better navigate the two systems & to more effectively intervene on their clients’ behalf.
- To familiarize participants with the existence of other social assistance-related benefits and programs available to their clients.
- To problem-solve on issues regularly experienced by participants in their daily delivery of service.
|Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM - THTC DOES NOT MAINTAIN A WAITLIST or CANCELLATION LIST. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.