Date(s) - 10/12/2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This brief but intense information session will focus on supporting direct service professionals in the housing and homeless sector with establishing and maintaining professional boundaries. The session will look at strategies to create effective and respectful boundaries early in the working relationship. The perspective of boundaries will combine both the relationship with the service consumer and co-workers. Additionally the session will spend time addressing how to maintain boundaries when they are tested or professionals feel a personalized connection to a specific individual. Participants will: increase their understanding of strategies to establish professional boundaries with both service consumers as well as co-workers; explore their personal impact and how one can effectively interact and support individuals while maintaining professional boundaries; increase their understanding of how to separate personal values and opinions from professional roles and responsibilities; and learn strategies to maintain boundaries when/if they are tested. This session will offer group facilitation, case situations and the opportunity for question and answers.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
- Increased awareness and understanding of the importance of boundaries and how to responsibly develop and establish.
- Ability to separate personal values and perspective from workplace expectations and boundaries.
- Increased ability to adapt to a variety of situations related to workplace boundaries.
- Increased understanding of how to respond well to boundary tests.
|Target Group: All|
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM - THTC DOES NOT MAINTAIN A WAITLIST. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.