Date(s) - 05/16/2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Supporting participant led goals is a sector best practice, and a key function of the role the drop-in sector plays in the lives of vulnerable people. It is critical to facilitate a supportive relationship, while understanding individual and systemic factors which impacts drop-in participants. Advocating for services and systems creates positive outcomes in drop-in settings. This course is taught by TDIN staff and subject matter experts. Resources to increase the capacity of workshop participants will be provided.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
- Examine tools to support participant-driven decision making.
- Enhance understanding of how systems and services are navigated.
- Learn to effectively support self-advocacy, advocacy in service provision and systemic advocacy.
- Help participants to identify and plan for goals.
|Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM - THTC DOES NOT MAINTAIN A WAITLIST or CANCELLATION LIST. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.