Date(s) - 10/17/2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This workshop will assist agency leaders and volunteers to effectively design and evaluate programs. Participants will explore promising practices and best evidence in the field – in the areas of program planning and evaluation. We will focus on strategies to build and deliver impactful programs as well as getting to the best qualitative and quantitative results (both process and outcome impact) for community based agencies. Evaluation approach will include a focus on areas like developing helpful baselines, creating qualitative and quantitative indicators and tools for assessment and analysis of results. We use an exciting, active adult education, anti-oppressive, interactive and participatory approach to the work.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
Topics for this workshop will include:
- Aligning agency mission and mandate to program objectives and relevant community needs.
- Strategies for tracking trends, anticipating and responding to critical emerging community needs and priorities.
- Effective Program Development concepts, design strategies and operational frameworks: aligning priorities with design.
- Process and Outcome evaluation tools (Qualitative and Quantitative).
- Effectively analysing and understanding results.
- Approaches to managing programming and organizational change based on evaluation results.
- Participants will be provided with course manuals and resource materials.
- Increased understanding of community-based program design evaluation methodologies.
- Build effective community-based program design and delivery and evaluation skills.
- Increased leadership and planning skills to inform and enhance program performance and effectiveness.
|Target Group: Executive Directors, Program Managers and front-line staff
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
Registrations are closed for this program. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.