Date(s) - 11/12/2019 - 11/13/2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Staff and supervisors are increasingly intervening with people who are angry, hostile, aggressive and violent. This intensive two-day training program will provide you with the knowledge, self-awareness, and skills to verbally defuse hostility and aggression, work more effectively as a team, and manage the stress often experienced through such encounters. This workshop will help you to: understand the dynamics of anger and hostility; manage and defuse yourself through a journey of self-exploration of early learning about anger and hostility and personal value conflicts; effective verbal/non-verbal skills for de-escalating anger, hostility and resistance; a holistic approach to utilizing the “individual in crisis” to guide the intervention and de-escalation process; and understand the impact, causes and symptoms of compassion fatigue and traumatic stress. A certificate of participation will be issued upon successful completion of the two-day course. Please note, priority for this course is given to THTC mandated agencies.
- You must be prompt and present for the course – participation in the full two days is required. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- Participants will receive a training manual and certificate.
- Please wear comfortable clothing and running shoes.
- To explore the dynamics of anger and hostility.
- To increase the self-awareness and interpersonal awareness of anger and crisis with participants.
- To develop effective verbal and non-verbal approaches for responding to anger, hostility and resistance.
- To identify and explore challenging crisis situations of participants and to provide actual simulation opportunities for intervention.
|Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training