Date(s) - 09/24/2020 - 09/25/2020
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Full Session - Registration Closed
- Live Online - CYITCC
- Live Online - DISC
- Live Online - HTCC
- Live Online - HTCCSM
- Live Online - OHPCP
Staff and supervisors are increasingly intervening with people who are angry, hostile, aggressive and violent. This intensive two-day training program will provide you with the knowledge, self-awareness, and skills to verbally defuse hostility and aggression, work more effectively as a team, and manage the stress often experienced through such encounters. This workshop will help you to: understand the dynamics of anger and hostility; manage and defuse yourself through a journey of self-exploration of early learning about anger and hostility and personal value conflicts; effective verbal/non-verbal skills for de-escalating anger, hostility and resistance; a holistic approach to utilizing the “individual in crisis” to guide the intervention and de-escalation process; and understand the impact, causes and symptoms of compassion fatigue and traumatic stress. A certificate of participation will be issued upon successful completion of the two-day course.
Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
Total Cost: THTC Members Pay: $95.00 | Non-Members Pay: $105.00
- To explore the dynamics of anger and hostility.
- To increase the self-awareness and interpersonal awareness of anger and crisis with participants.
- To develop effective verbal and non-verbal approaches for responding to anger, hostility and resistance.
- To identify and explore challenging crisis situations of participants and to provide actual simulation opportunities for intervention.
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM - THTC DOES NOT MAINTAIN A WAITLIST or CANCELLATION LIST. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.