Instructor: Stephen Lister
Participants will gain knowledge in the following areas:
- The working definition of Conflict.
- Acknowledging that dealing with conflict, rather than avoiding it, is crucial and can provide an opportunity for growth.
- Understanding how mismanaging conflict can harm relationships.
- Identifying the different types of conflict.
- Recognizing the 10 biggest mistakes people make during conflicts.
- Distinguishing between wearing a Perfection Hat and a Discovery Hat in conflict situations.
- Utilizing the Conflict Escalation Model to prevent a larger crisis.
- Understanding how filters developed early in life can either help or hinder personal and professional lives.
- Recognizing and working with different conflict management styles.
- Using conflict as a means to strengthen bonds in relationships.
Participants will acquire the following skills:
- Discerning the various levels of conflict and developing strategies for active listening to ensure a win-win outcome.
- Examining the language used with oneself and others, recognizing the significance of attitude in addressing conflicts.
- Identifying personal needs and the needs of others, with the assurance that everyone can benefit from applying Conflict Resolution Skills.
- Assessing the most effective ways to reframe energy when under attack, emphasizing assertiveness over aggressiveness.
- Asking themselves 5 key questions to manage their emotions and bring peace to the situation.
- Differentiating between “I Statements” and “You Statements” and evaluating the effectiveness of each or both.
- Practicing how to work with individuals exhibiting aggressive, passive, and passive-aggressive behavior.
- Engaging in difficult conversations with challenging individuals.
- Recognizing when to confront, when to disengage, and how to handle conflict within a state of flow.
- Reflecting on key life values and understanding how they align with the person or group in conflict.
- Employing de-escalation techniques when conflict erupts.
- Understanding the benefits of sharing power rather than seeking power over others.
Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
THTC Member: $100 | Non-Member: $110
- Once you submit your registration request, THTC staff will respond with a payment link (if you are not part of an invoiced agency). Once payment has been received, you will receive a registration confirmation. This process typically takes 1-4 business days.
- Course registration closes 24 business hours prior to the course start time. If the course is not full and you would like to submit a last-minute registration, please email our Training Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are part of an invoiced agency, kindly note that only approved staff can submit registration requests. If you are unsure about who is an approved staff member, please speak to your supervisor/manager or contact our Training Coordinator: email@example.com.
- If you choose the member price ticket and you or your agency are not a THTC member, you will be charged the non-member rate. To become a THTC member, please follow the link below:
- Online Membership Application – Toronto Hostels Training Centre (thtcentre.com)
- You must receive a THTC membership confirmation email before submitting registration requests with the member price ticket.
- You must be on time for the course. Should you miss more than 30 minutes of the course, THTC will not issue a certificate of completion.
- This training is interactive – all participants are required to participate to the best of their ability.
- Participants will receive instructions on how to join the online Zoom session 1-2 business days before the training date. Please be sure to check your junk/spam folder.
- Participants are required to have their camera on for most of the training session (i.e., at least 70% of the session) in order to receive their course certificate. Should you require accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org plan at least 48 business hours before the training session. We also encourage you to use a tablet or laptop as participating using only a cell phone will significantly reduce your learning experience.
- A certificate of completion will be distributed upon successful course completion.
For more information on THTC policies and procedures, please follow the link below:
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM - THTC DOES NOT MAINTAIN A WAITLIST or CANCELLATION LIST. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.