Date(s) - 11/06/2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Conflict is inevitable in all workplaces, but the way in which it is handled will determine whether satisfactory outcomes are achieved and positive relationships developed. Dealing ineffectively with conflict can cause tensions, increase stress in the work environment, and take up precious time. This practical workshop will provide an array of tools and techniques to add to your competence in negotiating and resolving conflicts. This workshop will help you: understand the dynamics of conflict escalation, make people feel heard, clarify situations for constructive dialogue, approach people and raise concerns in ways that won’t lead to defensiveness and use principled negotiation to generate win-win solutions.
- This course does not cover Anger Management or Defusing Hostility. These topics are covered in other workshops in this calendar.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
- Understand the process of conflict escalation and de-escalation
- Able to acknowledge feelings, values, and needs.
- Able to ask clarifying questions.
- Able to express a concern in a respectful way and understand the principles of win-win conflict resolution.
|Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
Registrations are closed for this program. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.