Date(s) - 01/15/2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This workshop is designed as an introduction to evidence based Cognitive Behavioural Techniques that can be used in a variety of community based social service settings. Participants will learn how thinking affects one’s behaviour and how cognitive behavioural interventions can provide tools for helpers to assist clients in a number of problem areas like addiction, depression and anxiety struggles. Through active learning, case examples and role play participants will be exposed to the theory of cognitive behavioural approaches, but more importantly will learn practical skills to use in their practice.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
- Learn the foundational knowledge that contributes to cognitive behavioural approaches.
- Practice through role play, cognitive behavioural techniques learned during the workshop.
- Develop a set of cognitive behavioural techniques and skills to use in their organizational setting.
|Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
Registrations are closed for this program. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.