Date(s) - 12/03/2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This interactive workshop will provide participants with a more accurate understanding of the precipitating factors and causes of challenging and difficult behaviour in children and youth. Course outcomes will include: useful techniques for recognizing and responding to children with behavioural, social and emotional difficulties, as well as adapting programs to the special needs of children and families living in shelters. This workshop is designed for staff working directly with children and youth, and will provide practical information and hands-on skills to enable you to respond to situations effectively. Topics to be discussed will include: theories and factors for presenting behaviours; looking beyond the behaviour; children and youth with special needs; techniques for the redirection and modification of disruptive or unsafe behaviour; use of consequences; and practical strategies for dealing with challenging behaviours.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
- Increase participant’s understanding of the underlying causes of challenging behaviour.
- Increase participant’s awareness of their impact on behaviour and acquire strategies to manage their presentation.
- Opportunity to acquire a variety of management strategies to support effecting changes in behaviour through positive means.
- Using understanding of an individual to plan your approach and strategy to effect positive changes in behaviour.
|Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training