Date(s) - 11/29/2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Total Cost for this Workshop:
THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
This interactive, experiential workshop will provide opportunities for shelter and agency managers and leaders to enhance their anti-oppression and equity awareness and skills as well as build organizational leadership. The session will provide tools, resources and evidence-based practices to support the building of an inclusive, safer, representative work environment which provides effective, anti-oppressive, culturally responsive client services. Participants will build the framework for their personalized multi-dimensional anti-oppression leadership toolkit for on-going support. The workshop will also address the role of trauma in marginalized communities- in the context of poverty, violence and homelessness in Toronto. All workshop activities are informed by the most current data and compelling evidence.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
- Provide opportunities to explore issues of identity and social location in respect to anti-oppression, equity and cultural competence.
- Enhance your knowledge of the concepts of anti-oppression, equity and cultural competence.
- Increase your leadership skill level in effectively planning and working with diverse populations in your agency.
- Provide you with relevant resources and tools to build anti-oppression leadership and enhance your work as manager and leaders.
|Target Group: Front line and Case Management and Programming Staff, Managers/Supervisors
Additional Training Method: Agency Training