Date(s) - 05/03/2021
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Methamphetamine use is on the rise among street-involved populations. Because of this, the Toronto Drop-in Network (TDIN) has created a training specific to the frontline to help orient workers to methamphetamine, as well as its current context on the street. This training aims to dispel myths surrounding methamphetamine, and works to instill practical knowledge based on facts, as well as good team and individual practices. The focus of this training is on maintaining positive relationships with participants and minimizing the need for involvement by the criminal justice system.
Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training
Total Cost: THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
Social service workers will:
- Learn about the history and pharmacology of methamphetamine;
- Learn about the potential risks surrounding methamphetamine;
- Gain skills in how to prevent crisis and provide support;
- Effectively manage crisis situations once they arise;
- Ensure a continuum of care after a crisis has occurred.
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM - THTC DOES NOT MAINTAIN A WAITLIST or CANCELLATION LIST. Please refer to the training calendar for future availability.