Date(s) - 01/21/2020
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This workshop is designed to introduce participants to the basic principles of Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression. Participants will have an opportunity to consider how oppression occurs and is maintained in society and within the organization. Participants will be challenged to consider the ways they can act, individually and collectively to address oppression, and become allies and advocates for people who are marginalized.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
- The participant will begin to develop skills for analyzing racism, and other forms of oppression.
- The participant will begin to understand the dynamics of privilege, power, oppression, and social location.
- The participant will begin to understand how his/her own social identities impact their interactions with clients and colleagues.
- The participant will understand that being a change agent and an ally is integral to the role of the Shelter system and social service worker.
|Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training