Date(s) - 12/03/2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Total Cost for this Workshop:
THTC Members Pay: $80.00 | Non-Members Pay: $90.00
This workshop is designed for those who have been supervisors for two years or longer. The material covered will examine issues that are important to the experienced supervisor and work with the participants’ current learning needs. The day will be interactive in nature and all participants will be required to sign a confidentiality contract so that participants can feel free to share their own experiences in order to make the material presented as practical and usable as possible. As the schedule will be full, this workshop will require participants be present for the entire workshop. A bibliography of helpful resource material will be made available to all participants. In this workshop we will address: effectiveness of performance appraisals; effective supervision; motivating staff and supervisor self-care; leading staff through change; and holding staff accountable/handling staff discipline issues.
- Recommended participants attend Introduction to Supervision.
- You must be prompt and present for the course. Any time missed will result in certificates not being issued.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided upon successful completion.
- Explore and understand the principles of effective supervision.
- Examine ways to motivate and support staff.
- Understand the principles of leading staff through change.
- Learn advanced skills in designing supervision contracts and look at how to develop psychological hardiness and skills in self-care.
|Target Group: All
Additional Training Method: Agency Training